We will be open Saturday, August 30, 10-4pm (our regular hours).
She came into the shop this week and showed us her wonderful quilt. AND she used our row – yeah!
She said she collected her rows but wanted to do a bit more applique, so some of them that were pieced she actually appliqued. Also, to make things more cohesive she added a little bumble bee to each row. We thought that was such a cute idea.
Congratulations Nancy!!! Thanks so much for sharing your quilt – it was just wonderful.
Claudia did an AMAZING job not only with her beautiful color choices but also her technique. Some of these blocks are challenging and the quilt is flawless. She had it free motion quilted and we wish you could have been here to see it in person. Lovely! Thanks as always for sharing Claudia!
The UPS man dropped off these bolts featuring bears, moose, bear tracks and pawprints. If you’re looking to make something geared more towards a fella these just might be your starting points.
We will have a packet of 6 fat quarters to purchase here at the shop. Use the 6 fabrics plus one of your choice to create a quilt – whatever you’d like – pieced, applique, modern, traditional, WHATEVER. Bring your quilt into Family Threads and we’ll hang them in the shop. People can cast their votes and you could win a prize!! And if that wasn’t enough the San Benito County Fair is coming…
SAN BENITO COUNTY FAIR & MORE PRIZES
For residents of San Benito County, Monterey County, Santa Cruz County or South Santa Clara County we are also asking that you allow us to show the quilts as a group at the San Benito County Fair from Friday, October 3 – Sunday, October 6. We will have entry forms here at the shop.
PRIZES, DATES & RULE INFORMATION
- FAMILY THREADS – Quilt with the most votes will receive $50 gift certificate
- FAMILY THREADS – Quilt with the 2nd most votes will receive a $25 gift certificate
- SAN BENITO COUNTY FAIR will award prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
DATES TO REMEMBER
- August 6 to 23 – purchase 6 fat quarter bundle
- September 13 – must turn in completed quilt to Family Threads
- September 15 to 20 – VOTE for your favorite at Family Threads
- September 22 – Winner announced at Family Threads
- September 29 – SAN BENITO COUNTY FAIR – Quilts will go as a group (for those who want to participate)
- October 3 to 5 – SAN BENITO COUNTY FAIR – Quilts will be shown
- October 6 – Quilt can be picked up at the Bolado Park Fairgrounds (if you have multiple entries – quilts other than a challenge quilt you will need to pick them up from the fair) or
October 7 – Quilt can be picked up at Family Threads
- Purchase the packet of 6 fat quarters starting Wed, August 6 – Sat, August 23
- You may add ONE additional fabric to the quilt top (FRONT OF QUILT)
- You may add ANY NUMBER of additional fabrics for the BINDING and/or BACKING
- Create a quilt (including binding) NO LARGER than 30” x 30”
- Your quilt must be quilted by you (the maker)
- If you want your quilt in the fair your quilt must have a 4” sleeve on the back
- Your finished quilt must be turned into FAMILY THREADS by 4pm Sat, September 13, 2014
- If you would like your quilt to be part of the fair, you will need to fill out a San Benito County Fair entry form. The fee is being waved for the challenge quilts.
- Votes given through Family Threads are independent of the fair. Quilts at the fair will be judged by their rules and judges.
Please be mindful of copyrighted materials – it’s ok to use something for inspiration but in the end the quilt needs to be your own.
Here at Family Threads we’d be more than happy to answer any questions you might have, but please direct any San Benito County Fair questions to Sheila Galindo, Chairman of Clothing and Textiles at the fair – (831) 801-9645 email@example.com
We are always so happy when we get to see finished projects from classes, so we were thrilled when Claudia Saunders stopped by with this beautiful version of Debbie Gansberger’s Dahlia Magic. This quilt was made using Debbie’s leave in foundation and it’s all straight seams!
Claudia’s choice of colors is so elegant and the quilting was amazing! She wanted to show off her quilt but was reluctant to be in the picture – hence you can only see her popping out on the left side. Silly Claudia. Thanks so very much for sharing your quilt.